Friday, November 18, 2016

Small Act of Kindness

Right now my heart aches for this country and the world. It seems like all around us there is nothing but division and hate. Everyone seems to get offended by every little thing you say or do and to be different is no longer a good thing. 

One of the blogs I like to read is www.so-many-places.com and Kim had a great idea for a yellow envelope act of kindness. This got my brain wheels to spinning. I wondered what I as a beader could do for random acts of kindness to other people. I go to thinking about my jewelry and what other complement me on most. You know what it is? My earrings. Most of the time the earrings people like most are the simplest to make. 

So, here is my plan and here is what I purpose. I am planning on making a few simple pairs of earrings and a print out of the card above. Anytime I'm out about town and see someone who needs a pick me up I'm going to give them a pair of earrings as a gift. I might give some to waitress's, bank tellers, etc. Who knows...I might even leave some in bathrooms or the gym locker room. 

Won't you do this with me? Lets make the world a happier place one set of earrings at a time. I would love to hear your stories of who you give them to or places where you leave them. You can comment on this blog post or post it in my private facebook group HERE  

I can't wait to hear your stories!

10 comments:

  1. I'm totally in. Gonna start handing out my Christmas earrings. I've got loads! What a great idea Kelly; thanks. We just finished handing out little cards from church, as we did random acts of kindness for people. It felt great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Idea Kelly, Love your beading videos. When I get lonely I watch them and You cheer me up and get me interested in beading again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a great act of kindness and Im definitely in! I get such great pleasure from your beading tutorials and would love to pay it forward! Thanks again for allowing me to be a part of your great talent!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful thing to do, I am going to join you! I will make some earrings this weekend! Thank you for everything you do for all of us, I learned to bead from some of your videos! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is a wonderful thing to do. Gives my beading a purpose. Can't wait to give my first pair away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea and will join you I have dozens of small button Earrings that are very popular in my sales,they would be perfect for this. Thank for being the wonderful you, that you are...
    Gladys Hart

    ReplyDelete
  7. I put two pair of Christmas tree earring sets and one starfish in my glove box for give aways!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I put two pair of Christmas tree earring sets and one starfish in my glove box for give aways!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to do this! It's a blessing to bless. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete